When it’s time to pack your bags and move on to a new place with new adventures waiting ahead of you, sometimes you need an extra pair of hands or even a couple more to help you relocate. You would notice that more and more individuals and families hire a home removal company to relieve them of the stress that comes with moving. True enough, these professionals can get the workload off of your shoulders but you first have to find the right ones in order to achieve an easy breezy transfer. Here’s how:
1. HOW FAR AWAY ARE YOU TRANSFERRING?
You first have to establish exactly how far your new place is. Is it just around the block, in another town, into the metro or abroad? This is important as there are removal companies who only cater to local services, others solely for international while there too are those that offer both.
2. DON’T WAIT, KEEP SEARCHING.
Now it’s time to do your search. Do not limit it by merely flipping through your local phone directory or clicking the first link that appears on top of your search list. You have to scour both your directory and search a couple of pages over the internet. It is also best to ask for recommendations from friends, neighbors and colleagues who have had any similar experience.
3. VISIT THEIR WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS.
Also take into consideration their websites and social media platforms. You can see and read tons of reviews and feedback from here. It will also give you an idea on how well they reach out and treat their customers. You can also learn a lot from these such as service offerings and customer testimonials. This will be helpful in your decision. After which it’s time to make a short list.
4. RESEARCH ON THEIR OWNERS AND KEY EMPLOYEES.
It is also a good thing to make a research on their key employees or founders. Who is managing the business? How did they come to be? This will also give you an insight. Besides, a company’s quality can be seen through its leaders and managers. They represent the firm.
5. GIVE THEM A RING.
To give their customer service a quick test, try giving them a ring. Where you received well? Was the person on the other end polite and patient when answering all your questions? If the home removal company is true to its word of quality service, it will reflect in tasks as simple as a customer call.
Are you moving? If yes then you are most likely on the lookout for tips, tricks, advice and whatnot to make your relocation a breeze. If so then this list of packing supplies from Amber Moves, a London leading removal firm, should be of help to you.
To begin let’s start with the material that makes home and office relocation possible: boxes. You should get BOXES in various sizes keeping in mind that bulky light weight ones go in a bigger box while heavy ones go in smaller sizes. This way the accumulated load of weighty items does not rip apart the box. It will also make carrying easier. Where can you get boxes?
- SPECIALTY STORES for when you need a carton specially crafted and sized for a particular item like an LCD television, an oil painting or an antique vase.
- WINE BARS AND SHOPS for free boxes to hold your glasses and other fragile breakables. The items you can from these shops are sure to be durable plus they come with dividers too.
- BOOKSTORES, CRAFT SUPPLY AND OFFICE SUPPLY SHOPS for free sturdy boxes to hold items from plates to clothes to books to many more. These are more advisable than the ones you can score from the grocery that has possible bugs and mites in them.
PACKING PAPER OR CLEAN NEWSPRINT should do well to cushion and cover up breakables. Remember to avoid using newspaper because they can likely stain your items. Sure you can wash them but are you really up for that tedious job? Plus, sensitive items can get badly stained that the blemish won’t come off.
BUBBLE WRAPS are best for almost everything. They are even considered a better option than paper as they are more durable and endure stress from bumps better. They too can be reused and are not at all pricey.
FOAM INSERTS will do well to fill in empty spaces. When a carton is not completely filled up, its contents can move around it. We don’t want that as such can cause damage. Items that go bumping around make way for breakage.
TAPE, ROPE AND TAPE GUNS to secure all those carton flaps, drawers, doors etcetera. Surely, you don’t want your carefully boxed up belongings to spill out of their containers right?
Use STICKERS, PAPERS AND MARKERS to label your things. Make sure that you indicate to what room they belong to, a brief description of their contents and an inventory number to keep track of how much you are transferring to the new place.
Apart from your boxes of clothes, furniture, appliances and other belongings, you are going to have to move your pets too. That is if you have one apart from your make believe fake furred stuffed toys. For all you pet lovers out there, we’ve got you covered as we came up with the following tips all with the help of one of London’s top movers, Amber Moves.
MAKE A SCHEDULE AND STICK TO IT – This is important not just for the sake of your beloved pet and best bud but also for the success of your relocation. There are a lot of things to consider like which removal firm to call, should you do it on your own instead, what packing supplies to buy, should you get a truck or a van and loads more. To make things smoother a well prepared plan will be your trusted guide. Just make sure that you stick to it. A plan no matter how good is of no use if it remains in paper.
CHECK IF THE NEW PLACE ALLOWS FOR PETS – Some subdivisions, condominiums, apartments and places do not allow for any pets. If you have one make sure that the place you are considering to transfer to allows you to bring your pet. Surely, you wouldn’t want to give them away now would you?
PAY YOUR GOOD OLD JOLLY VET A VISIT – If you feel stress the same goes for your darling animals. Pay the veterinarian a visit. Apart from getting them a checkup, you will also need to get a health certificate in the event that you are travelling by plane or other long distances. Also you can inquire about sedatives if you have to. Some animals like dogs and cats may get upset during long journeys. Ask your vet if this would be necessary or if you have other options. If your pet is sick then you might as well ask regarding medication so you can stock on up and prepare.
PACK A PERSONAL KIT – Prepare a small bag for them with stuff that they will need such as food, water, poop bags, a scoop and linens. Don’t forget the pet carrier as well!
MAKE THEM FEEL AT HOME – When you finally arrive at the new place make an effort to make them feel at home. They will be unfamiliar of the surroundings and might occasionally wander around trying to familiarize their new home. Walk the around. Pet them and make them feel loved.
One of the items that are present in every office would have to be the desktop and laptop computers and don’t forget all its accessories (i.e. keyboard, printer, mouse, number pad, scanner, etcetera). These kinds of assets are evident in most industries. Technology has indeed been a part of the business world today. It’s hard to find an office without at least one. Now, the said assets do not come cheap. They come with a heavy price tag; the newer the version, the heavier it is for the wallet. Thus, it is important to take care of them. Computers hold so much data too! It is important to safeguard those as well. So what if it’s time to move? How do you pack computers? We’ve listed down some tips from London’s office movers.
BACK-UP YOUR FILES – Even with trusted movers on your side, you still have to secure your data. Back them up appropriately. If the files contained are only minimal then you can fit them into DVDs and CDs which you can easily burn. If you have a huge amount of data that needs bigger space then make use of cloud services. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Lost files and documents equal total mayhem!
DO YOU HAVE INSURANCE – When you hire a removal company make sure that they will cover any damages and losses with insurance. Scrutinize and ask about the insurance that come with their services. Make sure that the amount you will get in case of any mishaps will pay for any repairs and replacements.
LABEL THE WIRES – To avoid having all the wires mismatched, label them accordingly before you disassemble the desktop PC. This way when it’s time to re-assemble it back at the new office, you can avoid scratching your head and experimenting with what fits where.
FIND THE RIGHT BOX – As much as possible, try to find the box that the computer came with along with the bubble wraps and Styrofoam inserts. This is prescribed as the size of the cartons and the inserts were made to fit the equipment perfectly. If it’s gone or destroyed then you can find yourself an appropriate box at a supply store.
DON’T FORGET PADDING – In the same note, be sure to stock up on packing paper, bubble wraps and Styrofoam inserts. These are necessary to keep the pressure from all the bumps from damaging your computer.
HANDLE WITH CARE – Lastly, remember to label the carton appropriately. Write ‘Fragile’, ‘Handle with Care’ and ‘This Way Up’ so that the people who will carry them will know how to treat them right and give them extra TLC.
There will always come a point when it is time to move and grow. As they say, change is inevitable so let’s make the best out of it. Most people often find moving from one home to a new one challenging. Apart from having to say goodbye to friends and lovely neighbors you also have to deal with a great amount of work a.k.a. the packing. It can indeed be downright energy consuming especially if you have too much stuff. Well there is a workaround on things. Organize your packing early on so that you will have a smooth home move. Doing so cuts down further work once you have fully transported your belongings to the new place. So how does one successfully organize? One of London’s leading removal companies tells us exactly how.
- Get the right supplies: You cannot organize well if you do not have the things to do it with. Get cartons in different sizes for different items. Don’t forget to add in wardrobe boxes for your clothes that should be kept hanged. Also get Styrofoam inserts, bubble wrap, clean newsprint and packaging paper to protect fragile items. Then do not forget your tape, glue, rope and twine.
- Make a plan and draft a schedule: It is time consuming. That is very true. To keep everything done in an orderly fashion, it is best if one makes a plan alongside a schedule as to what room should be packed each day and how many hours should be devoted to it.
- Start early: Last minute actions are often those that result into haphazardness. Don’t act a week before. Start a few months back with things that you rarely use and gradually to those that you use often.
- Label boxes: Once you’ve carefully placed everything in their designated cartons make sure that you label them properly. Using a marker, write down legibly in big letters the contents and room to which it belongs to. Remember to keep it easily visible.
- Make use of color coding: To better add visual help use colors apart from your labels. You may use different colored markers with each hue symbolizing a particular area in the room instead of just writing them down explicitly. If you do not have multicolored pens then you can use stickers or simply art paper and tape.
- Call help if you need it: There are instances when an item needs special handling or when you yourselves cannot accomplish the task due to certain reasons like hectic work schedules. Your remedy is to call in professionals or what we call removal companies. They will help you with the entire move not just the packing.